Pages

blog launch

It is hard to admit and I would like to add that someone once said 'It takes no fear to claim courage, but it takes real courage to admit fear', that I am bad at writing a decent first post to formally launch The Weekend Brunch blog. How do bloggers do this and get by so easily? I struggled over meal times to think of ways to make my first post a unique one. (As you can see, not so unique at all.)

I have been an avid food consumer since given birth to. Coffee was never in my best interest but did you hear the story about how a barista who had never liked coffee suddenly realized that coffee is divine? Yes, I have and I can relate.

Being a barista in a giant coffee chain store can immediately tell a person that you are either still a student, a fresh graduate, working part-time and resulting in having very little currency in your pockets. That is true. It shows that you like free beverages because you find that the cost of living these days is tremendously high and who does not like free beverages??? That is also true.



The ultimate reason behind The Weekend Brunch is due to the lack of time resources during the weekdays which are all filled with agendas that bear the fruits for me to enjoy my weekends and what could be better than to document all of my weekend food adventures into a blog where it also allows me to reflect, appreciate and celebrate food found, eaten and loved? Also cause brunch is always an excellent excuse to enjoy the best of both meal times.


And so to conclude this, I now officiate The Weekend Brunch! (Is this how you guys do it?) I look forward to using this medium to further appreciate the abundance received over the weekend and share them with you guys. Here's to the next post!

Top photo: Hot cafe mocha in a fancy glass at Dome, Subang Jaya.
Bottom photo: A generous serving of Antipodean's famous big breakfast, Bangsar.

I would also like to acknowledge Of Monsters and Men for their tremendous serenading support throughout the brainstorming process of creating this blog.

T.