Pages

acknowledgement of hiatus

I know, you guys. It's been hard for me too. At least, that's what I've been telling myself everyday since my last update. Guilty as charged!

But look! Alas, some long-overdue photos from my New Year's trip to Singapore! Please forgive me.


This country develops too quickly and each time I return, there's a multitude of new openings everywhere. How a country so small fit everything is beyond my imagination! (Ok, maybe it's their super awesome town planning, OR maybe our eyes have deceived us all! Maybe Singapore isn't that small!)

What I really like about my trip this time is that I went prepared. Kind-of  mental note: might wanna check updates on cafe's facebook/blog should they be closed on the days you plan to go! avoid possible disappointments! I know this because I learned it the hard way. Everything I had initially plan went otherwise. Thank God for Singapore's vast choices for plan b! Hence, always be sure to have internet by your side at all times and never leave your smartphone unattended. In this case, it's me I'm worried about.

T.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Pictured

Food for Thought
(Like your typical school canteen. Unlike your typical school canteen,
every plate is served for a good cause and a higher price.)

Chye Seng Huat Hardware Shop
(Hipster is as hipster does. Same goes to my coffee.)

Epicurious
(I'm returning for their signature epicurious burger, just cause.)

Nylon Coffee Roasters
(This couple behind the bar knows damn too well on what
they're doing. I was lucky to be able to have a coffee-convo
treat with 1/2 of the couple, Dennis. Want a productive end to the day?
Go to this guy.)

Toby's Estate
(This place lives up to its reputation for good coffee. Returning here too,
only after I get my burger fix sorted out.)

Not Pictured

Société Canteen
(Nothing much to rave about. Coffee was mediocre for the price
they're charging.)

The Plain
(Went there the first time, returned for the second,
going back there over and over.)

Marmalade Toast
(Step aside, Subway, there's a new (pun intended) hero in town!)

Oriole Coffee

Overdoughs
(A little pricey but the Middle Eastern/Spanish/Moroccan/
Turkish/Greek pastry fare is worth it!)

Kith Cafe
(Wanna know what it feels like to be in Australia? Go to this place.)

All Good Things Cake Shop
(Like all good things, the cake shop is aptly named. The taste of
their Flourless Chocolate Cake still lingers in my mouth till this day.)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Got any cafe/restaurant recommendations in Singapore? Do let me know! I'm planning for another visit very soon. I'll be forever indebted (in joy!) by your generosity.