Pages

yeast boulangerie


I have to admit, social media has gotten the better part of me. Should there be an Olympic Medal in checking your phone for new updates every 5 minutes or so, I would win hands down... and I ain't sorry.

While I was away from the blog-o-sphere of theweekendbrunch, I took the path most travelled and submitted to using Instagram as my sole food-sharing platform. The gastronomic adventure continues, but my old pad did not make the cut. It has been over four months now and I am still adjusting to this new cubbyhole... though, mostly in the kitchen.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Amidst all the business, I managed to sneak and breathe out dust and stress steam, to inhale the scent of an operational boulangerie in the stylish suburbs of Bangsar.

Yeast Boulangerie, Bistro and Bar has a pretty long attribution for what is simply known as 'The place where everybody goes when Antipodean is full'. Looking back at my last visit, that was exactly how I stumbled Yeast.

Pictured below is my order of Oeuf Poché Bénédictins on Brioche Toast with Smoked Salmon, Béarnaise Sauce and Greens. In other words, I had a plate of poached eggs on French toast with smoked salmon, hollandaise-like sauce, vegetables and a bonus of French attitude. A requisite breakfast choice so much so that the table beside you probably beat you into ordering the same thing first.

As its name implies, Yeast Boulangerie serves an assorted line of fresh breads daily, a tantalizing fare of gourmet French cuisine as a Bistronomy and fine wine over at the Bar à Vin. But really, its probably their motive of serving simple French cuisine at an affordable rate that lures customers in. Besides Antipodean being full, of course.

Yeast Bistronomy, Bangsar

T.



// photos taken with iPhone 4's camera.