Pages

pickle and fig, ttdi


Before I die, I want to be rich — 

enough to be well-fed;
enough to give back;
and, enough to see the world

before I die.

Not gonna lie, I just made them up 5 minutes ago. Maybe they are all I want to have, maybe not. I remember stumbling into this story of a similar installation that went viral on the internet. It all started out as an experiment which became phenomenal. Today, 'Before I Die' can be seen all around the world and I am happy to find this work of art in this gem of a cafe.

'At their greatest, our public spaces can nourish our well-being and help us see that we’re not alone as we try to make sense of our lives.

With more ways to share in public space, the people around us can not only help us make better places, they can help us become our best selves.'

Read more about this installation at http://beforeidie.cc/site/about/.


There is nothing like an inspiring entrance to add to a unique dining experience. Like this guy would often say, we feast with our eyes first, taste - secondary. Perhaps, he's right. I've surely tasted better paninis before but that won't stop me from coming back to this cosy spot.

Set on an old shop lot of Taman Tun, Pickle and Fig delivers creative comfort food wrapped in hot, pressed breads and other open-faced savouries enough to attract hungry folks around the neighbourhood. Coffee is definitely not their forte, not when the barista is evidently confused when asked about the difference between a flat white and cappuccino... though, the drinks aren't all too shabby.

As we feast with our eyes... The industrial lighting fixtures and warehouse wooden furniture pieces create a promising, convivial vibe, though more relaxing at tea time. I'll probably be back... after I've figured out what I want before I die.

Pickle and Fig

T.