Pages

cafe hopping, melaka

I think September is growing on me. I can't believe anyone would want to sleep through this month and be woken up by the end of it. I will, however, tell you why I'm standing by this month with so much passion:

I watched the entire Masterchef US Season 4 before cable tv
I committed myself to a weekly futsal session
I was interviewed by a swanky new lifestyle platform - GUMBALLmag.com
I went to Melaka

I should also tell you that Melaka's coffee scene is definitely heating up with cafés clamouring old shoplots, chockablock with antique stores and traditional pastry shops. The list is endless and I'm starting to feel like a stranger in my own country. It's not surprising Melaka offers a taste of Malaysia with a decidedly western accent, but nothing beats traditional kopi gau and charcoal grilled toast in an old kopitiam at the end of the day.


The cafés could be a hit or a miss for some but I know it won't be long till I visit these gems again.

Pictured

Halia Inc
The Baboon House
Limau-Limau Cafe
Calanthe Art Cafe

Not Pictured

Mods Cafe


T.