Pages

chocolate chunk cookies


I hope you're not hungry... but if you are, I think you will appreciate this cookie recipe I stumbled upon while I was famish. They may sound so simple but it's with these cookies my faith in life has been restored.

(recipe adopted and adjusted from Joy of Baking)

2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp cornstarch *
1 1/4 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted or room temperature
2/3 cup granulated white sugar
2/3 cup and 1 tbsp brown sugar
1 large egg
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (equivalent to 1 large egg yolk)
1 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1 1/4 cups chocolate chunks

* This ingredient will magically make these cookies chewy. Absolutely foolproof.

1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. In a large bowl, mix together dry items — flour, cornstarch, baking soda, salt
3. In a separate bowl, or mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg, olive oil and vanilla extract gradually until well mixed.
4. Incorporate flour mixture to the creamed mixture before stirring in the chocolate chunks.
5. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and place ball-shaped doughs. Gently flatten them into 6.5 cm round.
6. Bake cookies for about 10 minutes. Cookies are done when they are light brown. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes on parchment paper before transferring them to wire rack.

It's 11:36 p.m. where I'm at. I probably won't look pretty but I'll make sure that diet starts tomorrow.

T.